||Software Engineer – Windows Applications C#
||Greater Vancouver - BC; Burnaby - Greater Vancouver - BC
||Information Technology, Information Technology
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories (SEL) seeks a professional engineer to join our close-knit team in the Wired Networks Department of Research and Development. This team supports tools for critical communication infrastructure affecting customers around the world. This innovative Software Engineer will focus on Windows Applications to extend our network management software.
We are open to hiring at multiple levels for this position. In addition, this position may be filled in either Pullman, Washington, Burnaby, Canada or Boise, Idaho. Each of these locations is ideal for the outdoor enthusiast.
If you’re looking for a company that leads the market in innovation, a career rather than a job, and a location that allows you the freedom to enjoy nature free of traffic, this is the position for you!
- Develop Windows WPF applications.
- Write software requirement specifications.
- Participate in project planning and estimation.
- Create and implement software designs.
- Participate in software verification and validation processes (incl. code reviews, unit testing).
Skills & Requirements
- B.S. in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent discipline
- Experience developing Windows GUI applications
- Two years experience developing software in an object oriented language (preferably C#)
- Knowledge and experience developing on current Windows operating systems
- Proficiency using the Microsoft Visual Studio IDE for development
- Strong writing, documentation, and speaking skills
- Must have a strong work ethic and commitment to quality
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Background check results satisfactory to SEL
- Negative drug test result(s)
- Ability to adhere to SEL's tobacco free workplace policy
- Experience using design patterns
- Experience with automated unit testing (MSTest, NUnit, etc.)
- Experience with Agile development
- Experience with behavior-driven development (BDD)
- Familiarity with network communication protocols and computer networking
||You must login to view this information